Join us for a magical wintry journey to the Cocheco Country Club in the C&J double-decker bus to hear a reading of the classic children’s holiday story, The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg © 1985. Enjoy refreshments, receive a keepsake gift and a visit from a very special guest. Pajamas are welcome! Ticket price includes a digital family keepsake photo, time to explore the Children’s Museum and a make-and-take holiday craft. Reserve your seat early. Space is limited!
NEW THIS YEAR: The Saturday, December 7, 1:30pm trip will be Sensory Friendly – less crowded trip; shorter storytime; option to take a family photo near a Christmas tree, the fireplace, santa doll, or live Santa; twinkle lights decorating the double decker bus, quiet peaceful holiday music, but no video; gluten free snack; and quiet areas and stress toys available. A social story is also be available HERE and at the event.
- Cost is $24/Members or $27/Non-members per person and children ages two and under are free (must sit on parents’ lap during the journey.)
- Families will have their photos with Santa emailed to them no more than 2 weeks after the event.
- Wheelchair access on the bus is available for all trips on Saturday, December 7th
- The bus leaves the museum AT the listed start time. Please arrive at least ten minutes early.
- Online ticket sales end at 5pm the Friday before each program, but tickets for some of the trips will still be available in person at the museum the day of the event.
Saturday, December 7
There are 4 wheelchair seats available on each of these bus trips.
The bus leaves the museum AT the listed start time. Please arrive at least ten minutes early:
Saturday, December 7, 10:30-11:30am - FULL
Saturday, December 7, 12-1pm - Tickets still available
Saturday, December 7, 1:30-2:30pm (SENSORY FRIENDLY TRIP) - Tickets still available
Saturday, December 7, 3-4pm - FULL
Saturday, December 14
The bus leaves the museum AT the listed start time. Please arrive at least ten minutes early.
Jingle Bell Express is brought to you through the generosity of C & J Bus Lines, Cochecho Country Club, and presenting sponsor, First Seacoast Bank.