NEW: Private Play Dates!
If you would like to have the museum to yourself and your friends/family we are offering Sunday Private Play Dates. They are offered once on Sundays from 1-3pm. This rental could be used to celebrate a birthday, family gathering, etc. Some things to keep in mind about these Private Play Dates:
- By booking a Private Play Date you and all of your guests must agree to our Safety Guidelines and signed waivers are required. That waiver can be found here, and as the host of the Private Play Date it is your responsibility to share the waiver with your guests. Please have them signed and ready when you check-in, or we will have copies available for people to fill out when they arrive.
- Everyone over the age of 24 months is required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all times while inside the museum.
- Guests are limited to 50 visitors per Private Play Date. If on the day of the Private Play Date, the number of your guests exceed 50 individuals, we will ask you to turn people away. Restricting the number of guests to 50 will not be the responsibility of the museum staff.
- Food cannot be consumed inside the museum, however if you'd like to offer your guests a treat (cupcake, juicebox, etc) at the end of the gathering to take home with them, that can be handed out at the front door as people leave, or you can choose to host food in the park before or after your time in the Museum. You will have access to the Museum's refrigerator.
- If requested we can sing Happy Birthday over the museum's PA system, and any birthday presents can be opened in the Muse Studio.
- Private Play Dates include exclusive use of the Museum exhibits and arts/science or making activities in our Muse Studio and STEAM Innovation Lab for guests.
- When you book a Private Play Date you will be required to pay the full $300 fee. Members get $20 off that fee, so be sure to register and log-in first to get access to that discount. If you need to cancel your Private Play Date, you must notify us at least 7 days before your event to be refunded the full amount minus a $50 cancellation fee. If you need to cancel but don't notify us in time, we can help you reschedule for another day, but refunds will not be available.
- Private Play Dates are available to book online and are first come first served. If you see that a date is not available here online, it is booked. We are booking Private Play Dates no more than one month out.
Sunday, April 11
Sunday, April 18
Sunday, April 25
Sunday, May 2
Restaurants within walking distance of CMNH and open on Sundays:
47 Washington Street, Dover (directly across from the Museum)
- Sunday Hours: 11:30am-8pm
- Parties limited to no more than 6 people
- Masks required: learn more here
- Kids Menu - Kids ages 12 and younger eat for free (each free kids meal must be ordered in conjunction with a full priced adult sandwich or entrée)
La Festa Brick & Brew Pizzeria
300 Central Ave, Dover
- Sunday Hours: 12pm-9pm
- Limited dine-in seating
421 Central Ave, Dover
- Sunday Hours: 11:30am-8pm
- Order online and pick up
The Nook Breakfast & Lunch
2 Locust Street, Dover
- Sunday Hours: 7am-1pm
- Offers Indoor/Outdoor seating
- Online waitlist
Thirsty Moose Taphouse
83 Washington Street, Dover
328 Central Ave, Dover